Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing 45 Cloud Computing

This is great! I had no clue what Cloud Computing term meant but it is a great analogy. More and more we will be using the internet to save and access data. Being able to backup our data on the internet provides off site storage in case of a disaster. I am concerned with this myself with my own data as I use a backup drive but this will not work if there were a fire, tornado or other disaster. I am definitely going to look into an online backup service but the cost seems to be the prohibitive factor. Moxy is free for under 2 GB so I may investigate that option at least for my genealogy file.

This list at Mashup and the other sites allow people to access their desktop computers from anywhere. It is an ever evolving exciting time in the technology field as more and more access is available. Learning and keeping up with it is a real challenge.

No comments: