Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing 38 Screencasting

I really liked Jing and will be able to use this in my job. Often times staff want to know how to do something either in Aleph or some other program. Using Jing I will be able to video capture the screen and email it to them. I only used it a little bit to test it but once I get proficient, it shouldn't take too long to do. I tested how to setup and run a particular report in Aleph and saved it and then did another one to retrieve the report. You can save these and reuse or edit in the future. I tried twice to upload the video but it was almost 2 mg so maybe it was too big. Screencast is similar to Jing but I didn't get a chance to play with it. There were other programs also mentioned that need to to purchased. Skitch also looks really good but I didn't get a chance to try it. Jing can have text added and from what I saw of Skitch you can draw on your video. I would like to learn more about both of these when I get a chance to play with them.

No comments: