Thursday, March 3, 2011

Paris trip

We had a good flight and landed before 7 instead of 7:25. By the time we got our luggage and figured out how to get to the train it was after 7:30. It took us until 9:30 before we got to our apartment but it is much closer to st. paul metro stop, right across the street from it is one gate but the gate with the brown double doors was just down an alley and a little ways to the left. Weather here is much colder than we thought so I have been freezing. I wish I would have brought my cuddleduds. very windy today when we went to get some groceries, etc. Apartment is good but small. Elevator is a hoot! It is barely big enough for one person and suitcase. about 2 by 3 feet. and you have to push the door open when it stops. It took me a little while to figure that out as I was first to use it. you wouldn't have liked it! We had nice meal with Lynne's friends upstairs and she took us on a short walking tour to get 3 prong plug we needed as none of us thought to bring one.
It is so hard to believe we are here! Very exciting and the building architecture is incredible!

No comments: